Date: Mon, Jul 3, 2006 1:29 AM
Subject: Internet Feedback
To Whom it may concern:
I would like to see the following changes made in regards
to US Internet
1. Network Neutrality enforced for all network providers.
They may not
discriminate on any network traffic.
2. Municipal Networking encouraged and partially subsidized
communities create their own high speed networks - corporations
provide the wide area connection between municipalities. Multiple
corporations can/should compete for this business.
3. A Law that states any and all ISPs/network providers must
symmetrical connections. Download/upload speeds must be the
4. A Law that prohibits the blocking of any network ports.
5. Any thing that tries to centralize or move the focus of
from the "edges" to the center be outlawed - the
power of the Internet
is the fact that it is an end to end medium, not a centrally
one. Example - AT&T's bid to "tier" the Internet
is nothing more than a
6. DNS management should be handled by a non-profit organization,
least an organization that won't break the Internet to try
to make a
couple of bucks (ex - Verisign)
7. Banning Digital Rights Management, Broadcast flags or any
device/law/code that protects the interests of a few powerful/wealthy
organizations over the general user.
8. Senator Ted Stevens must be removed from office because
he is a mouth
breathing cretin and knows nothing about the Internet - his
ramblings about "pipes" made me cringe.
That is all, thank you.