- "New Century, New Media, New Opportunities," Remarks by Larry Irving at the
CBC Science and Technology Braintrust, Washington, D.C., September 17, 1999.
- Remarks by Assistant
Secretary Larry Irving on the release of
Falling Through the Net:
Defining the Digital Divide July 8, 1999.
- "Net Power: Creating the Rules for a New Commercial
Playing Field," Remarks by Larry Irving at Reinventing Commerce At Net Speed:
Stanford 99, June 22, 1999.
- "Expanding Opportunities for Rural Communities,"
Remarks by Larry Irving at the Rural Telecommunications Institute Annual Summit,
Somerset, Kentucky, May 21, 1999.
- Speech by Larry Irving
at the Communications Law in the Next Millennium Conference, American University, April 12, 1999, 05-14-99.
- Speech by Larry Irving to the
Conference of Broadcast, Cable, and Media Industry Unions, Las Vegas, NV, April 19, 1999, 05-14-99.
- "And the Winner Is . . .,"
Remarks by Larry Irving at the First Annual Competitive Local Access Conference,
- Larry Irving's remarks,""Defining
Government's Role in the New Telecommunications Landscape," at the Third
Annual Florida Communications Policy Symposium have been posted, 03-03-99.
- Larry Irving's speech,"Capitalizing
on the Power and Promise of Technological Innovations," delivered at the
Rocky Mountain Arts & Technology Conference, has been posted 02-26-99.
- Larry Irving spoke on "The Ed Tech
Challenge: Training Our Youth for 21st Century" at the Mississippi Educational
Technology Luncheon, 1-27-99.
- Speech by Larry Irving
at the Sixth Biannual Conference of the Japan-U.S. Telecommunications
Research Institute (JUSTRI), 12-09-98.
- Remarks by Larry Irving
at the NETWORKS FOR PEOPLE CONFERENCE, 12-08-98.
- "Accomplishing the Objectives
of the 1996 Act," remarks by Larry Irving at the Practising Law Institute (PLI)
Telecommunications Policy and Regulation Conference, 12-10-98.
- "Forging A Connected Global Village,"
remarks by Larry Irving at the NTCA-World Bank's First International Conference
on Rural Telecommunications, 12-01-98.
- Speech by Larry Irving to the Asia-Pacific Information Technology Summit on
"21st Century Strategies
for IT-Driven Growth," 11-19-98.
- Two recent speeches by Larry Irving have been posted: 10-28-98
"Tackling the IT Worker Shortage Crisis,"
and 10-29-98 "Connecting the Global Community."
- Larry Irving's speech, "Bringing
Competition to the Local Telephone Markets," at CompTel's 1998 Fall Business
Conference (10-06-98) has been posted.
Assistant Secretary Larry Irving delivered two speeches:
"Consolidation and Discrimination:
Responding to the Challenge," at the National Association of Black Owned
Broadcasters' Annual Meeting on September 18, and
"Wireless Opportunities in Latin America,"
at the Personal Communications Showcase Latin America '98 on September 22.
Larry Irving delivered a speech, "Voice
on the Net: The Promise and the Challenges Ahead", to the Fall '98 Voice
on the Net (VON) Conference on September 17, 1998.
Larry Irving's 8-24-98 speech, "The
E-Commerce Revolution: The Respective Roles for Industry and Government."
- "The Next Waves In Wireless Technologies",
speech by Larry Irving to RAWCON '98, the IEEE's Radio and Wireless Conference, August 10, 1998.
- "Refocusing Our Youth:
From High Tops to High-Tech," remarks by Larry Irving at the National
Urban League and the National Leadership Council on Civil Rights Urban
Technology Summit, June 26, 1998.
- Welcoming remarks by Larry Irving to
the June 26 Town Hall Meeting on Universal Service and the E-Rate sponsored by NTIA and the
American Library Association.
- "New Opportunities for Small Wireless Operators"
Remarks by Larry Irving at the
American Mobile Telecommunications Association 1998 Leadership Conference, June 15, 1998.
- Remarks by Larry Irving before the
Broadcast Cable Financial Management Association, New Orleans, LA, 5/19/98.
- Remarks by Larry Irving, "New Opportunities
in Telecommunications for the 21st Century", before the Malta Chamber of Commerce,
Valletta, Malta, 3/2698.
- Remarks by Larry Irving to Educom Net 98. 04-16-98
- Remarks by Secretary Daley (as
prepared) at the Latin American Telecommunications Summit in
San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina, 4/21/98.
- Speech by Larry Irving to the
Connecting All Americans conference, February 25, Washington DC. "Progress Report:
Assessing the Impact of Existing Universal Service Policies and Infrastructure Grants
in Connecting Americans." 03-02-98
- "The New Telecom Landscape: In Search of Consumer
Benefits" a speech by Larry Irving to the National Association of State
Utility Consumer Advocates' Washington Telecommunications Conference, February 10.
- Larry Irving's opening remarks
at NTIA's Wireless Local Loop Forum, December 17. (12-18-97)
- Larry Irving spoke to the 15th Annual FCBA/PLI Conference on
Telecommunications Policy and Regulation on
"Opportunities for Optimism."
- "Government Self-Control:
Resisting the Urge to Regulate",
Remarks by Larry Irving at the The Wall Street Journal Technology Summit,
New York City, October 15, 1997. (10-29-97)
- Assistant Secretary Larry Irving spoke on
Rural Americans With the Tools to Compete
Successfully in the New Economy" at Rural Tele Con in Aspen CO. (10-21-97)
- Assistant Secretary Larry Irving spoke
at the September 11 National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters' Annual Meeting on
"The Big Chill: Has Minority
Ownership Been Put on Ice?". (09-12-97)
- NTIA's Deputy Assistant Secretary Shirl Kinney spoke before the Council for
Excellence in Government on Cruising the Information Super Highway on July 25.
GIF files of the slide presentation
with an overview of the industry and NTIA's role are available. (07-25-97)
- Assistant Secretary Larry Irving spoke at the July 22 NARUC Summer Meetings on
"Realizing the Promise".
Assistant Secretary Irving also delivered a speech on
Using Electronic Networks for Commerce:
Charting a New Course for Business and Government at E://Comm '97 - USA.