Sign and Mail Your Application
☛ You must submit an original and five copies of the complete application.
● The original copy of all applications must be signed. Signatures go on. . .
○ the third page of the SF-424 (Application for Federal Assistance),
○ on the SF-424B (Assurances),
○ on the CD-511 (Certification Regarding Lobbying), and
○ on Form LLL, if it is required.
☛ Unsigned applications have to be rejected.
● Put the signed original and four copies in separate manila file folders labeled with your organization’s name and secured with binder clips.
○ Label the folder with the signed original “ORIGINAL” on the outside.
● Put the remaining copy of the application in the special six-panel folder.
Mailing PTFP applications
● PTFP’s mailing and delivery address is:
☛ Any application being hand-delivered MUST be taken to Entrance 10 on the 15th Street side of the Department of Commerce for clearance through building security.
● PTFP does not accept fax or e-mail applications, or weekend deliveries.
● If you send your application by overnight carrier, be sure the carrier guarantees delivery by 5:00 p.m., Eastern Time, on the application deadline for the type of project you are submitting.
● If you send your application by United States Postal Service regular mail, please note that we do not accept a postmark as proof of meeting the deadline.
● Further, anything sent via the USPS (including “overnight”and “Express Mail”) is subject to delivery delays due to mail security procedures at the Department of Commerce. We urge you to consider submitting your application by other means, such as alternate commercial delivery carriers. You should also consider possible delays in delivery caused by the weather and to allow for such delays in sending your application.
☛ If your application is late, it will be returned to you without review.