SLIGP Program Information
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) will award State and Local Implementation Grant Program (SLIGP) funds to 55 of the 56 states and territories (all who applied) to begin planning for the national public safety broadband network. For more background information related to this program please follow the links below.
- Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012 – legislation that created the SLIGP and the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet).
- Federal Register Notice – Development of the State and Local Implementation Grant Program for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (May 2012) – Request for Information seeking public comment on programmatic requirements for SLIGP.
- Federal Register Notice – Development of Programmatic Requirements for the State and Local Implementation Grant Program To Assist in Planning for the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network (August 21, 2012) – Announcement of the programmatic requirements for SLIGP.
- Announcement of Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO) and Supplemental Narrative Application Questions (February 6, 2013) – Full programmatic and funding requirements of the SLIGP.
- SLIGP One-Pager Coming Soon
- State/Territorial Designated Single Points of Contact Coming Soon – A list of the State/Territorial single points of contact that will be primarily responsible for interactions with FirstNet.