Spectrum Certification of Today
The Equipment Location-Certification Information Database (EL-CID) was developed to provide an automated tool to support electronic processing of spectrum certification requests at NTIA. The database structure and design is based upon the new comprehensive database (the OSM Data Dictionary) being developed at NTIA to replace the GMF database that is currently used to support various spectrum management activities, particularly the frequency assignment process.
WARNING: It is strongly recommended that you back up existing EL‑CID databases prior to installation or reinstallation of EL‑CID. Failure to install EL‑CID correctly could result in loss of data.
- 2019 Training Schedule
- Training Material
- Training Manual (Version 6.1) (pdf)
- Quick Reference Guide (pdf)
- Data Flow Guide (pdf)
- Operating Manual (Version 6.1) (pdf)
- Instructions on backing up the EL-CID database (pdf)
- Importing a backup EL-CID database (pdf)
- Repairing Corrupted Locations (pdf)
- EL-CID Web Install Instructions (pdf)
- Program Change Request Form (doc)
- Downloadable executable Version 6.0, Rev. 227 [download this file; then rename to EL-CIDv60r227.exe and then run the file (if using IE, right click on the link and select "save target as").
- Downloadable executable Version 6.1, Rev. 130 [download this file; then rename to EL-CIDv61r130.exe and then run the file (if using IE, right click on the link and select "save target as").
- A Template for Trunking Systems (.cid file; right click on the link and select "save target as" or "save link as")
- Requests for download assistance should be sent to the EL-CID Help email address: email@example.com
- Requests for the EL-CID software on a CD should be sent to the EL-CID Help email address: firstname.lastname@example.org